Get support to be heard
Carers’ experiences and opinions should count. The person you look after often depends on this. Sometimes we can need support to get our voices properly heard. New and long term carers of any age can benefit from The Carers Centre advocacy service.
As a carer, it’s not always easy to stand up for your own rights or for those of the person you love and look after. You need more information? You are exhausted or overwhelmed by responsibility? You are worried about confidentiality? You are not comfortable contacting professionals or official, statutory agencies? You don’t feel up to challenging decisions made by professionals? You know in your heart a decision is not right for the person you care for? We can help.
What The Carers Centre Tower Hamlets does: advocacy
Our carers support advocates will first and foremost listen to you to
- help you to access information
- consider options
- express your views.
Carers support advocates are able to
- defend your rights
- respect confidentiality
- make sure you have access to the services you are entitled to.
Carers support advocates can speak up and communicate on your behalf
- with organisations and professionals
- with health or social services
- by phone or by writing letters
- at meetings they attend with you.
Carers support advocates have the confidence, knowledge and the experience to speak up for you or to help you to speak up for yourself. Together you make sure nothing you want to say is forgotten, missed or ignored.
If you haven’t already, please get in touch to
- register with us at The Carers Centre
- complete a Carer’s Assessment with us. This establishes your needs as a Carer
- then if more support is needed we can refer you to Adult Social Care for a Support Plan – a gateway to more help.
How to get in touch and ask for statutory Carer’s Assessment, advice about the assessment, an appointment with a carers support advocate
Call the centre 0207 790 1765
In person: The Carers Centre, 21 Brayford Square, London, E1 0SG
Monday - Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed