A new Carers service delivered by Carers Centre, Tower Hamlets in partnership with Age UK East London on behalf of the City of London Corporation.
The Carers Centre, Tower Hamlets has over 24 years of experience providing support, advice, and respite activities to Carers. We want all carers to live fulfilling lives by being supported, informed and connected. Through our Carers Connections service we will offer all carers:
- Information and Advice so you know your rights and entitlements
- Benefits check and income maximisation
- 1:1 support and advocacy to enable you to access your rights and entitlements
- A fortnightly Carers Group, (online and in person) so you can meet other carers and learn about new services from our monthly guest speakers from various care related organisations.
- Signposting and referrals to services that can provide specialist support such as housing, legal advice, mental health and benefits advice.
- Monthly wellbeing activities are currently running, to support carers physical and mental wellbeing, get in contact to find out more!
- Emotional support for carers.
You can come and see us at our weekly drop ins:
- Mondays 1.30pm – 5.00pm at the Portsoken Centre, 20 Little Somerset St, London, E1 8AH
- Fridays 09.30am – 1.00pm at the Ralph Perring Centre, Fann St, Golden Lane Estate, London, EC1Y 0RN
Not sure where that is? Don’t worry, we can meet you at a place you do know and walk over with you!
Farzana Khanom – City Carers Project Manager
Mobile: 07380 182 458
You can download a Carer Connections referral form here (Editable Word document)
We work in partnership with City Connections, you can see more about them at their website here
Monday - Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed