New YouTube Channel!
Be sure to visit our new YouTube Channel where you will find easy to follow and energetic videos aimed at carers with guided meditations and yoga and stretch exercises. Please like and subscribe if you find them useful
Welcome to the Carers Centre Tower Hamlets
The Carers Centre is now open to provide face to face appointments.
Carers will be seen on an appointments only basis as we need to limit the number of people in the building in order to keep social distancing. With this in mind please do not bring anyone with you to your appointment and do not arrive more then 5 minutes before your appointment.
We will have some strict rules in place for entry, they are;
- If you or a member of your household is sick, showing symptoms or been told to isolate please DO NOT ATTEND the Carers Centre
- You must wear a face mask for the duration of your appointment (this will NOT be provided)
- You will not be allowed to enter if you do not have an appointment
- Use hand sanitiser upon entry (this will be provided)
- Maintain social distancing of 2 meters
These rules are to keep staff, carers and their loved ones safe.
The Carers Centre Team
You are our kind of carer if you provide regular unpaid and substantial support to someone living in Tower Hamlets. You don’t have to be living in the same household. They could be a family member, a partner, friend or neighbour who can’t manage without you. This could be because of physical illness, frailty, disability, mental ill health or because of alcohol or drugs addiction or misuse.
Anyone can become a carer at any time, at almost any age. As many as 3 in 5 people will be carers at some point in their lives.
What Carers Centre Tower Hamlets does
Carers Centre Tower Hamlets provides
- a Carer’s assessment
- information and advice (including a newsletter)
- independent advocacy
- dedicated Young Adult Carers (16-25) project
- training (including carers academy)
- social activities, opportunities to meet with other local carers and relaxation sessions
- all important ‘me time’
- a calendar of events and activities
Need a friendly chat with someone who really gets the challenges and difficulties you face? Get in touch by email or phone or drop in. Register as a carer and for our services.
Follow the Carers Centre on Twitter
Monday – Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday & Sunday – Closed
Do you need to access urgent support or crisis intervention? We can point you in the right direction and facilitate contact with Social Services. Their number is 020 7364 5000 (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri) Ask for the Adult Social Care Initial Assessment team.
In cases of homelessness or child safety out of hours,, you can call the emergency number 020 7364 4079. normal operating hours – Mon – Fri (5pm – 9am), Weekends and Bank Holidays
In an emergency call 999.
Get in touch
The Carers Centre
21 Brayford Square
London, E1 0SG
020 7790 1765
Monday - Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed