Providing quality services for unpaid carers in Tower Hamlets
Our YouTube Channel
Be sure to visit our new YouTube Channel where you will find easy to follow and energetic films aimed at carers with guided meditations and yoga and stretch exercises. Please like and subscribe if you find them useful
You are our kind of carer if you provide regular unpaid and substantial support to someone living in Tower Hamlets. You don’t have to be living in the same household. They could be a family member, a partner, friend or neighbour who can’t manage without you. This could be because of physical illness, frailty, disability, mental ill health or because of alcohol or drugs addiction or misuse.
Anyone can become a carer at any time, at almost any age. As many as 3 in 5 people will be carers at some point in their lives.
What Carers Centre Tower Hamlets does
Carers Centre Tower Hamlets provides
- a Carer’s assessment
- information and advice (including a newsletter)
- independent advocacy
- dedicated Young Adult Carers (16-25) project
- training (including carers academy)
- social activities, opportunities to meet with other local carers and relaxation sessions
- all important ‘me time’
- a calendar of events and activities
- Covid Vaccination information
Need a friendly chat with someone who really gets the challenges and difficulties you face? Get in touch by email or phone or drop in. Register as a carer and for our services.
Step free disabled access to the office and meeting rooms is via the front door. There are disabled access toilets. Support can be provided in English, Somali, Sylheti, Bengali, Urdu and German. For any other language or communication needs an interpreter can be provided.
Monday – Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday & Sunday – Closed
Do you need to access urgent support or crisis intervention? We can point you in the right direction, Tower Hamlets Connect is the front door for adult social care they can be contacted on
- 0300 303 6070 (local call rates) Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
- Out of hours (between 5pm-9am) the calls will be diverted to Adult Social Care out of hours duty team (0207 364 4079)
In an emergency call 999.
Monday - Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed