Providing quality services for unpaid carers in Tower Hamlets
You are our kind of carer if you provide regular unpaid and substantial support to someone living in Tower Hamlets. You don’t have to be living in the same household. They could be a family member, a partner, friend or neighbour who can’t manage without you. This could be because of physical illness, frailty, disability, mental ill health or because of alcohol or drugs addiction or misuse.
Anyone can become a carer at any time, at almost any age. As many as 3 in 5 people will be carers at some point in their lives.
Carers Centre Tower Hamlets provides
- a Carer’s assessment
- information and advice (including a newsletter)
- independent advocacy
- dedicated Young Adult Carers (16-25) project
- training (including carers academy)
- social activities, opportunities to meet with other local carers and relaxation sessions
- Respite – all important ‘me time’
- a calendar of events and activities
Need a friendly chat with someone who really gets the challenges and difficulties you face? Get in touch by email or phone or drop in. Register as a carer and for our services.
Monday – Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday & Sunday – Closed
Do you need to access urgent support or crisis intervention? Are you worried that an adult you know is being abused or neglected?
Tower Hamlets Connect is the front door for adult social care and adult safeguarding, they can be contacted on:
- 0300 303 6070 – Monday to Friday (9am – 5pm)
- Out of hours: 0207 364 4079(5pm-9am)
Calls will be diverted to the Social Care Emergency Duty Line
- If an adult you know is in immediate danger, please call the police on 999
Are you worried about the welfare or safety of a child?
Tower Hamlets MASH can help, they can be contacted on:
- 020 7364 5006 option 3
Extensions: 5606 / 5601 / 5358 / 7796
- Out of hours service:
Out of hours: 020 7364 4079 (after 5pm and at weekends)
Emergency Duty Team (EDT)
- You can put your concerns in writing to the following address:
Tower Hamlets Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub
Tower Hamlets Town Hall
160 Whitechapel Road
- If a child is in immediate danger, please call the police on 999
Monday - Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed