Be sure to visit our new YouTube Channel where you will find easy to follow and energetic films aimed at carers with guided meditations and yoga and stretch exercises. Please like and subscribe if you find them useful
Mobilise, the free online service for carers
Carers Centre Tower Hamlets are really pleased to announce that we are working in partnership with Mobilise who provide online carer support services.
Their services are available for carers to use free of charge. You can sign up for weekly emails packed full of useful and uplifting things, join the UK wide Facebook Community and access a four session coaching programme and. Why not try out the 5 part email course and then continue to receive weekly emails with bite sized chunks of carer-led content, sharing practical, emotional and financial tips for caring.
Visit our dedicated page on the Mobilise website to find out more https://www.mobiliseonline.co.uk/tower-hamlets
Carers UK Digital Resource for Carers
Here are just some of the many features that are available through the special website: http://www.carersdigital.org
- It has forums where carers can discuss common problems to help find solutions
- There is an e-learning course to help carers to be more effective
- There are many resources on topics like Health and Wellbeing, Financial planning, Help if you are working and caring after work
- You can download the Jointly app. Jointly helps you organise the care of someone by creating a circle of care around them
- Newer carers can get help through the maze of benefits and regulation with the Upfront guiding tool
And it’s free to all Tower Hamlets Carers
- First download the brochure mentioned at the top of this page. There is a special access code on it for Tower Hamlets Carers. Make a note of it. You’ll need it when you create an account.
- Go to the special Digital Carers Resources website at http://www.carersdigital.org and create an account
- Enter the access code DGTL7196
- That’s it! The resources are all yours.
Tower Hamlets Council has purchased this resource for the benefit of carers in the borough
Free E-Learning from the Open University
The Open University is the UK’s largest academic institution and a world pioneer in distance learning.
Our free learning platform, OpenLearn, breaks barriers to education by reaching millions of learners around the world, providing educational resources and inviting all to sample courses that our registered students take – for free!
Our badged courses are highly engaging and cover a range of subjects and professional competencies essential for the modern workplace. A free Open University digital badge is awarded for completing all course sections and passing rigorous assessments, providing evidence of professional development or demonstrating a commitment to studies.
A full list of all our badged courses is available at: https://www.open.edu/openlearn/get-started/badges-come-openlearn
Who should attend?
OpenLearn free badged courses allow learners of all backgrounds and levels of ability to demonstrate interest in a subject, evidence of professional development or a commitment to studies. Badged courses are highly engaging and cover a range of core subjects and professional competencies essential for the modern workplace.
Monday - Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed