Benefits & Welfare Rights
Benefits & Welfare Rights Advice
Getting your finances right and finding out what benefits or other allowances you might be entitled to can feel confusing, or worse frightening. We have a wealth of experience in giving benefit advice and obtaining resources and benefits for carers and those they care for.
Our welfare benefits advisors are ready to help you access a wide range of sources of money which you or the person you look after could be entitled to. They can give you the information or help you fill in forms and make the application. We are also funded by Trust for London to provide extensive help with appeals and tribunals.
The welfare benefits support is for all benefits including:
- Carers Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Attendance Allowance (AA)
- Any other benefit
If you are not sure what benefits you may be entitled to, you can request a benefits check for yourself and the people you care for and our knowledgeable and experienced team can help you maximise your income.
Call us on 0207 790 1765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a benefits check or for any other benefit query.
If you haven’t already, please get in touch to
- register with us at The Carers Centre
- complete a Carer’s Assessment with us. This establishes your needs as a Carer
- then if more support is needed we can refer you to Adult Social Care for a Support Plan – a gateway to more help.
How to get in touch and ask for statutory Carer’s Assessment, advice about the assessment, an appointment with a carers support advocate
Call the centre 0207 790 1765
In person: The Carers Centre, 21 Brayford Square, London, E1 0SG
Monday - Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed