Get a chance to be with others who ‘get it’
It’s great to be with people – other carers – who really understand. Sometimes you just want to share experiences, compare notes, have a moan or perhaps a cry. A lot of times there are laughs, even problem solving and definitely a change of scene. Peers are people like you – people who care. Peer support is about carers helping carers because they have been there.
What The Carers Centre Tower Hamlets does: peer support
The Carers Centre offers a range of peer support opportunities for carers, including groups, activities and training.
Our peer support activities are generally ‘co-produced and co-facilitated’ with local carers support groups.
Monthly Carers Forum
- hear presentations from guest speakers
- discuss caring related issues
- listen to the experiences of others who have faced similar day to day challenges
- enjoy tea, coffee, herbal drinks and biscuits at the start of the meeting.
Carers forum monthly meetings are held from 11.30am to 1.30pm. on the second Tuesday of every month at The Carers Centre.
Carers of people with dementia
Plans are afoot to set up a peer support group in partnership with Alzheimer’s Society Tower Hamlets. Watch this space and subscribe to our newsletter.
Plans are also in hand to set up a peer support group for former carers. Watch this space and subscribe to our newsletter.
If you haven’t already, please get in touch to
- register with us at The Carers Centre
- complete a Carer’s Assessment with us. This establishes your needs as a Carer
- then if more support is needed we can refer you to Adult Social Care for a Support Plan – a gateway to more help.
How to get in touch and ask for statutory Carer’s Assessment, advice about the assessment, an appointment with a carers support advocate
Call the centre 0207 790 1765
In person: The Carers Centre, 21 Brayford Square, London, E1 0SG
Get in touch
The Carers Centre
21 Brayford Square
London, E1 0SG
020 7790 1765
Monday – 9.30am – 5pm
Tuesday – 9.30am – 5pm
Wednesday – 9.30am – 7pm
Thursday – 9.30am – 5pm
Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Second Saturday of the month 11am – 3pm
Sunday – Closed