One to One support
Get information, advice, advocacy and support
Are you looking for support?
At The Carers Centre Tower Hamlets we pride ourselves on understanding the challenges and stress you face. We know that caring is also rewarding. Let us help you get the balance right. It makes a difference to talk to someone who knows how to support you and your situation.
For example, do you need guidance about benefits, housing, grants or community care? Do you sometimes forget your own right to enjoy a life outside of caring? How do you get a break, have some respite, go on holiday? Do you need help and advice about creating space and time to work, study, rest or play?
Carers might be looking after someone with
- a mental health condition
- drug or alcohol misuse and addiction issues
- a “dual diagnosis” of a mental health condition and learning difficulties or drug or alcohol misuse and addiction issues
- a learning disability
- dementia or Alzheimer’s
- physical disabilities
What The Carers Centre Tower Hamlets does: one to one support
Carer support advocates can provide
- one to one support and appointments for your enquiry, by phone, email or in person
- information on benefits, carers rights, local services, our services and more
- one to one casework and independent advocacy.
Our office is staffed from Monday to Saturday by people trained and specialised to serve you well as an individual.
Talk to someone on the phone or come in for face to face appointments or drop us an email.
Our team includes people who speak English, Bengali/Sylheti, Somali and Urdu.
If you haven’t already, please get in touch to
- register with us at The Carers Centre
- complete a Carer’s Assessment with us. This establishes your needs as a Carer
- then if more support is needed we can refer you to Adult Social Care for a Support Plan – a gateway to more help.
How to get in touch and ask for statutory Carer’s Assessment, advice about the assessment, an appointment with a carers support advocate
Call the centre 0207 790 1765
In person: The Carers Centre, 21 Brayford Square, London, E1 0SG
Monday - Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed