Benefits advice and applications introduction

Apply for money

Getting your finances right and finding out what benefits or other allowances you might be entitled to can feel confusing, or worse frightening. Would you like some guidance through the stacks of information about benefits and money? Would it help to have some support to make applications?

What The Carers Centre Tower Hamlets does: benefits advice and applications

We have a wealth of experience in giving benefit advice and obtaining resources and benefits for carers and the person they care for. The welfare benefits advisor is ready to help you access a wide range of sources of money which you or the person you look after could be entitled to. They can give you the information or help you fill in forms and make the application.

Our benefits advice and support service is for you the carer, and the cared for person, looking at the ‘household income’. We support the carer and the cared for person to apply for the benefits they are entitled to.

The welfare benefits advisor support includes

Other information

Carers UK help with benefits

First steps

If you haven’t already, please get in touch to

  • register with us at The Carers Centre
  • complete a Carer’s Assessment with us. This establishes your needs as a Carer
  • then if more support is needed we can refer you to Adult Social Care for a Support Plan – a gateway to more help.

How to get in touch and ask for statutory Carer’s Assessment, advice about the assessment, an appointment with a carers support advocate

Call the centre 0207 790 1765
In person: The Carers Centre, 21 Brayford Square, London, E1 0SG

Get in touch

The Carers Centre
21 Brayford Square
London, E1 0SG

020 7790 1765

Opening hours

Monday - Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed

Follow us