So I have been working on November’s Carer Academy monthly event prospectus and I think there are a lot of new and exciting sessions you lovely carers of Tower Hamlets can join in.
The Tuesday Social Club – Tuesdays 2pm to 3.30pm
This weekly social and peer support group gets together to provide peer support and ad hoc mentoring and advice. The group discusses every topic imaginable, enabling carers to learn something or just have fun and a laugh. It takes time out of your daily caring role, to relax, talk and get support from your fellow carer.
New Carer Induction Workshop – Wednesday 1pm to 2pm
This monthly workshop is for new carers or carers who have recently had/need an updated Carers Needs Assessment. You will be informed of the services offered by the Carers Centre, how we can support you with other organisations as well as giving you a chance to ask us questions. We strongly urge you attend as this induction will benefit you…
Walking Wednesdays – Health Walks – Wednesdays 1pm to 2pm
This weekly gathering of interested carers meet to exercise and walk in Tower Hamlets. This hour long session helps carers to connect with other carers, take time away from their home in a safe, socially distanced way and have fun weather permitting.
Walking has been linked with better blood pressure, better mental health, and a more robust immune system.
Health & Wellbeing with Casey – Thursdays 11am to 12noon
The Carers Academy is pleased to announce a new weekly exercise and mindfulness session with our wonderful Casey. Each week Carers will be able to exercise, raising your heart rate and getting a sweat on, this will be followed by mindfulness and meditation techniques helping you to manage your busy caring lives.
There are amazing health benefits such as boosting your immune system, stretching, and keeping supple, building personal strength, having some mental respite from your caring role, and having fun with likeminded carers.
Come and email me to get your place email@example.com
Reminder – Closing date is Friday 30th October
Don’t forget to take part in the Carers Annual Survey 2020
We really want to hear from you, so that we can continue to shape our services to meet your needs.
Remember the basics to help tackle Covid-19
In addition to the measures that come with being in a high risk area, we must continue to take every step we can to stay safe:
- Wash your hands regularly, for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, then use hand sanitiser.
- Wear a face covering on public transport, in shops and other enclosed areas, or anywhere it is difficult to socially distance.
- Keep a safe distance from other people outside your household (two metres where possible).
- Book a free test if you’re experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 and stay at home until you get your result.
- Stay at home if you test positive for 10 days from when symptoms started. This includes while symptomatic and waiting to arrange a test.
- Self-isolate if you’re identified as a close or recent contact of someone who has tested positive through NHS Test and Trace.
Tower Hamlets Council
Tower Hamlets Holiday Meal Scheme you do not need to apply you just need to turn up. Available Thursday 29 and Friday 30 October only 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., from the following locations:
- Gayton House Chiltern Road E3 4BX
- Harford Street Multi-Centre 115 Harford Street E1 4FG
- Manorfield Primary School Wyvis Street E14 6QD
- Mayfield House 202 Cambridge Heath Rd E2 9LJ (entrance from car park at back between Mayfield House and Shoreditch Hotel)
- Meath Gardens Children’s Centre 1 Smart Street E2 0SN
- Queen Mary University of London – outside Queens’ Building/People’s Palace Mile End Road E1 4NS
You will be asked to provide their families details for track and trace but other than that there are no restrictions.
Do you or fellow carer you know want to improve your/their English?
Title – English Conversation Club
Date – 26th October 2020 (Every Monday) – 11th January 2021
Duration – 12 weeks
Time – 5 – 7pm
Location – Zoom
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.rcss.org.uk/help-with-employment
If you need help to get a place on this course – please email email@example.com
Unpaid carers can still access FREE PPE supplies. If you would like to receive PPE, Please contact the Carers Centre on 0207 790 1765 or Ayeda directly.
Domestic Violence Duty Line: 020 7364 4986 between 9am – 5pm.Victim Support: 020 7364 2448/7957
Just wishing everyone a peaceful, safe and week and remember if you need information and advice from the Carers Centre just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Carers Academy Manager
Monday - Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed