How is everyone doing? I am feeling very tired, a few nights of broken sleep and it is very difficult to catch up and I am exhausted.
I suspect this is a common issue for carers due to many things such as attending to the person you care for, snoring partners, your own health concerns or just unable to drift off when you have a million things going on in your mind.
AGE UK have a section on their website which you might find useful, sometimes it is easier said than done but give it a go and see what happens.
Don’t forget that there are many activities each month to help carers with their anxiety, stresses, and health & wellbeing, check them out and let me know if you want a place email@example.com
New Peer Support Group for Carers of People with Dementia
June 30th at 2pm
We have a great guest Mark Lockyer to launch the group.
If you care for someone who has a form of Dementia, then this group is for you!!!!
Nutrition, Motivation & Healthy Eating for Carers
We are announcing a new partnership with Change for Good to keep carers wellbeing the best it can be, and each session will take place every Friday for 12 weeks from Friday July 16th 11am to 12noon via Zoom.
This group aims to help carers learn about nutritional food, amazing recipe ideas, encourage walking and getting fitter, supporting, and motivating each other to achieve personal goals.
Having the support of your peers is a strong way to keep up motivation, and this is central to the course. We want to bring people together in an encouraging and supportive group. Sharing your experiences and hearing inspirational stories from your peers is a good reminder that you are all on this journey together.
You can even do this with the person you care for if you want to.
Good Thinking’s Five Ways to Wellbeing and Islam
Good Thinking has been working in partnership with Muslim communities to create the Five Ways to Wellbeing and Islam. Endorsed by the Muslim Council for Britain, British Islamic Medical Association and The British Board of Scholars and Imams, the Five Ways to Wellbeing and Islam is available on Good Thinking in seven languages English, Bengali, Gujarati, Urdu, Somali, Hindi and Arabic as part of the wider toolkit.
This is the first in a series of resources that have been produced to support Londoners more widely to improve their mental health. In the coming months content will be available for other faith and belief communities.
Getting help with Brexit worries as settled status deadline approaches
f you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme by 30th June 2021 if you wish to receive settled status and remain in the UK.
Our friends at the Youth Citizen Service have been working with us on creating a handy video with crucial information on the process, and how to get support if you find that the process may be causing you worry or concern.
- Over 18s can now book their vaccine!
- Data suggests that the Delta variant is between 40% and 80% more transmissible than the Alpha variant and is rapidly driving up case numbers.
- Nationally, there are currently around 8,000 cases a day, the highest since the end of February, and these are increasing by around 64% each week.
- Hospitalisations are starting to rise, with the average number of people admitted to hospital increasing in England by 50% per week, and 61% per week in the North-West.
- The vaccination programme is weakening the link between cases and hospitalisations, but the latest evidence shows that two doses are needed to provide effective protection against the Delta variant.
- Cases are expected to continue rising due to the transmissibility of the Delta variant, but with the acceleration of the vaccination programme hospitalisations are expected to stabilise.
- Step 4 of the Roadmap paused for four weeks until 19 July 2021 while vaccination programme is accelerated following significant rise in more transmissible variant.
- Second dose brought forward to 8 weeks for over 40s to provide strongest protection against Delta variant sooner.
Who deserves the borough’s highest honour?
Do you know an outstanding person or organisation that has given years of dedicated service to Tower Hamlets and deserves to receive the borough’s highest honour?
The Speaker of the Council is delighted to announce that nominations for the Freedom of the Borough are now open. The closing date for applications is 31 July 2021. This is a special honour which is awarded very rarely and only to exceptional candidates.
Unpaid carers can still access FREE PPE supplies. If you would like to receive PPE, Please contact the Carers Centre on 0207 790 1765 or Ayeda directly.
Domestic Violence Duty Line: 020 7364 4986 between 9am – 5pm.Victim Support: 020 7364 2448/7957
Just wishing everyone a peaceful, safe and week and remember if you need information and advice from the Carers Centre just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Carers Academy Manager
Monday - Friday – 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed